IT definitions, discussions and more
Array Address not changed after changing IP address of Forefront TMG 2010
Recently we have changed the IP address of our Forefront TMG 2010 Standard server. Then after a while the Event viewer began to record errors related to the Array address, the Event was as follows:
14158 : The IP address specified for communication between this Forefront TMG computer (old ip address) and other array members is not bound to a network adapter installed on this computer. The IP address specified for intra-array communication must be bound to a network adapter installed on the computer.
I have reviewed the configuration of the Network cards and found nothing related to the old address, but by futher investigation, I found the following configuration which needs to be canged:
1) Open: Forefront TMG Management console -> Firewall Policy -> Network Objects -> Computer Sets -> Array Servers.
Found the old IP address still there, then changed to the new address.
2) Open and change the old ip address in the following two locations:
– SQL Server Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for MSFW-> TCP/IP -> IP Addresses tab
– SQL Server Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for ISARS -> TCP/IP -> IP Addresses tab
3) Open the registry editor for ” msFPCIntraArrayAddress ” and chnage the the old IP address for the entries found (four entries)
4) Search the registry for all entries with the old IP address and chnage it to the the new address
5) Restart the TMG Server