IT definitions, discussions and more
Outlook 2010 won’t show pictures in messages
I used to receive HTML messages with embedded pictures but suddenly my outlook 2010 stopped displaying the messages and displays a blank box instead. That was annoying because I missed many offers and information.
After a long search in forums I found a solution for this (Outlook 2010 case):
1. Click the New Email button or press Ctrl+N while viewing the Inbox.
2. Go to the new message’s File, Options dialog (in the new mail window).
3. Click Mail, then Editor Options
4. Select Advanced and look near the bottom of the dialog for the option to Show Picture Placeholders.
5. Close Outlook and re-open.
You can also try the following:
1. In main outlook window > File > Options > Trust Center
2. In the right pane click on Trust Center Settings
3. In the new window opens, click on Automatic Download from the left menu.
4. Un-check the “Do not download pictures automatically”
5. Close and re-open outlook
I hope this helps.